CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time for Daycare

Last week mommy had to go back to work which meant that it was time for the girls to attend daycare.  I enrolled them in a new facility called Legacy Preschool of Portland which recently opened it's doors this past August.  Brian and I went to visit the preschool when I was still pregnant with Avery and loved it so much we immediately registered both girls to attend in October.  Emily is in the Toddler Program for 12-18 month olds and Avery is in the Infant program for 6 week-12 month olds.

After being home with mommy for 7 weeks I was afraid at how they would react to a new environment and new faces.  Actually, I was more afraid at how Emily would react.  When Monday rolled around, we started our new routine of waking up early  and getting ready for school, which Emily did not enjoy.  The night before, I got all their school clothes and bags ready and premade all their bottles which helped the morning go smooth.  When we arrived at daycare Emily saw her neighbor, Brody, who lives across the street and seemed to recognize him.  She didn't cry when I put her in her chair and didn't notice when I left.  I left Avery in her classroom and went to work feeling a big relief that everything worked out great.  As lunch time rolled around I called to check up on them and got word that both were doing fantastic.  At pickup time, both daddy and I were there to greet the girls.  Emily's teacher said she did great and had a good time.  Emily wouldn't take her bottle and only drank from a sippy cup and when nap time came she recognized her blanket and was so tired she automatically fell asleep.  She ended up sleeping for two hours.  Brian and I found her playing with the books (she is going to be my little bookworm).  Avery, as we already knew, was a doll and was wonderful.  She was oohed and ahhed over by all the teachers and directors.  She is the youngest one in the whole preschool right now so everyone loves to hold her.

The first day went really well and if my whole week was like that I would have been so ecstatic, but as the week went on Emily finally realized that I was leaving her and would cling on to me and cry.  I felt so bad leaving her but I know as time goes on she will eventually get used to the routine and learn that I will always be back to pick her up.  She still doesn't take a bottle so I'm hoping she is weening off of it.  Her nap times are also going well, she doesn't need to be rocked to sleep and just grabs her blanket and takes her nap.  Emily's teacher also tells me she loves to play outside and is now getting accustomed to her surroundings and the other kids.  Avery, of course, is a sweet angel and is so easy at this age that there are no problems.  As time goes on we just hope they learn about sharing and get socialization skills as well as knowlegdge that will help them be a step ahead when they enter their elementary years.



0 comments:

Post a Comment