CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Emily at 13 Months Old

It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Emily's First Birthday and today she turns 13 months old.  I no longer have two babies, I have a baby who is changing more and more everyday and an intelligent toddler who likes to challenge mommy and daddy with everything she does.

A few weeks ago Emily started walking and isn't quite yet an Olympic sprinter but has come very far in just a short amount of time.  She walks more and more without encourangement and only reverts to crawling when she feels she needs to get to where she wants to go faster.  I love watching her walk, she hasn't gotten the rolling of the foot yet so she looks like a drunken sailor.  It is hilarious and oh so cute!

Just yesterday I decided to switch her from formula to whole milk completely because she gets most of her nutrients from solid food anyway.  Plus, two on formula is expensive and we still have to buy diapers and wipes.  I think potty training is in our near future, Ama already bought Emily her training toilet and helped her decorate it with stickers.  Emily knows you are supposed to sit on it, but other than that she thinks it's a cool toy.  I am so happy that Avery is a girl, because I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe for a boy. 

Along with walking and switching to whole milk, Brian and I are starting a routine in where Emily has to try and put herself to bed at night.  Currently I am still rocking her to sleep every night but progress has been made in that Emily now holds her own bottle.  Yes, she still wants bottles...she won't take them at school but wants one as soon as she gets home.  Bottle weaning is going to be my biggest challenge because we still have Avery who will be on bottles this entire next year.  But if I can get Emily to put herself to sleep, that will be a step in the right direction.  Last night as bed time was approaching Brian tried to place Emily on her Dora bed in the living room thinking she may fall asleep as she was feeding herself.  She was whiny and kept looking at me in the rocking chair because Avery was in her place.  Emily waddled to the side table where I keep the living room fleece blankets and grabbed one.  She waddled back and placed it in Brian's hand as if to say, "Put me to bed."  It was so cute!  My baby is so smart!



Emily after a self feeding
 

Hungry after a long day at school


0 comments:

Post a Comment