CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Feeding Time

We have finally come to the point in Emily's life where she is now ready for her next step in eating.  Last week she had her first taste of baby food with initial success, and I say initial because the next couple of feedings after, it's like she didn't want anything to do with baby food.  Trial and error is what we are going through now though, her pediatrician said to wait until she was six months old, but we are only a couple of weeks away so I decided to go ahead and try it out.  So far no allergies and her body seems to be doing great with taking in the different foods.  The first thing we tried was rice cereal which was an instant hit, I think it's because it had formula so it was familiar. Next we tried bananas and to my surprise, she didn't really like them.  I think they were a little too tart for her, but I'll keep trying and maybe she'll get used to it.  Some of my friends and family told me to try making my own baby food, which I haven't yet, but I will in the near future.  Most of them had great things to say about making your own food and they say they don't have picky eaters now because of it.  I'm sure Emily will do fine, it's all just so new to her, but if she's anything like her family she will be loving her food soon enough.

Now comes the time for mommy to brag about her baby for a little bit.  I was so proud of Emily when she took her first bite, she grabbed the spoon and put it in her mouth.  I'm not sure if all babies do this, but I thought she was so smart.  For sure she was going to look at the spoon and not know what it was for, yet there she was using it as it should be used.  Anyway, on with the photos...and check out the bling in her ears, yes, daddy finally allowed us to pierce baby's ears.


Emily's first bite


Yummy




Let's try some bananas




Hmmm, not liking bananas so much




Overall a success



And not too messy


0 comments:

Post a Comment