CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Months Old

Emily, not diggin' her bow so much
My very active 10 month old is learning how to climb.  Emily is already crawling everywhere and testing mommy and daddy with how much she can do and get into.  It isn't surprising that she is now trying to climb on objects.  I was emptying the dishwasher and she climbed on the door, it isn't that far off the ground, but she was on top of it before I could blink my eyes.  My angel used to be so great at chuch, and she still is, but now she wants to climb all over the pews and kneelers as well as crawl all over the floor, which I don't think the priest likes very much so we have to try and keep her as occupied as possible.  It is very hard to accomplish this task with toys that do not make noise.

She hasn't started walking yet, although her Ama did buy her some walking shoes, but she is getting better at stading by herself.  Once she figures out that she isn't holding on to something she sits down, she hasn't gained confidence in her ability to stand quite yet. 

Emily has four teeth and has now started to bite harder because of them.  I wouldn't call her a biter just yet, but she does try to test them out on fingers if they get close enough to her mouth.  This is partially my fault since I would place my finger in her mouth when checking the status of her teeth.  She hated for me to check her gums so I made it into a game where I would say "Ouch!" whenever she bit down.  At that time it wasn't such a hard clamp, now you really have to watch out or get teeth marks where you don't want them.  Despite the occasional bite, Emily can now eat soft chunky foods, so we have decided to try her out on other foods beside the baby type.  She loves rice, pasta, potatoes and soft breads, and also loves to feed it to herself.  Emy likes the texture of her new foods and doesn't get bored so fast when at the dinner table, which means mom can take a little more time eating her meal.

Baby Girl #2 is on her way...we have three more weeks until her due date, but I don't see me going that long.  At my last appointment I was dilated 2cm and 50% effaced.  Baby was also weighing in at approximately 5lbs.  I think Emily can feel the change coming as well, she has become ever so clingy to me lately.  Sometimes I'm the only one who can calm her down if she is crying.  It is getting harder to pick her up with this belly, but soon that will change and mommy will have two babies in her arms.



Emily has a bruise on her forehead from crawling around and climbing. 


She's learning to sit still when mommy says "Cheese".  Soon she'll learn it means to smile, I hope.



0 comments:

Post a Comment