CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 22, 2012

Riding the Train at the Shrimporee

The Aransas Pass Shrimporee is a festival I love to go to and had not yet taken the girls.  Brian and I took the opportunity to take them this time around as a test run for large family theme parks.  My sister, Andrea, has been bugging me to take Emily to Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio because Emily is young enough to get in free and as Andrea is an employee there I can also have a free pass.  I thought if Emily can withstand the large crowds, sweltering heat, and loud noise at the Shrimporee then maybe she would be ready for the much larger theme park.  I am so glad that we took a test run because as I suspected, she hated the loud noise, heat and crowds.  She and her sister Avery were afraid of all things and did not want to get out of their strollers with the exception of the Flintstone kiddy train.  As soon as Emily saw the train she asked her daddy to take her for a ride.  All was well through most of the train ride but I don't think any of us thought it would last what seemed like forever, it was probably a 5 minute train ride.  Towards the end Emily thought it would never end and started to cry.  Avery thought daddy and sissy were leaving and started to cry.  In the end they were both crying and ready to leave.  So much for train rides and theme parks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment