CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Patch and Fall Festival 2011

As we headed into October I started to get excited with the thought of Halloween costumes for the girls and our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch.  I bought Avery's cow outfit early in the month and then decided upon a bumble bee outfit for Emily which I ordered mid-October.  When I received Emily's costume in the mail a week after I ordered it, I found that I was missing pieces and had to wait another week for the wings and antenna to arrive.  This delayed our pumpkin patch visit until the last week of October.  As we are getting ready for our trip I noticed that Emily's skirt had already torn, no problem I just pulled off the bottom lace detail.  Then she lost her antenna, which to this day I still cannot find.  To top it off her wing elastic was too tight and snapped, hitting her in the face which caused her to say, "No bumble bee."  What a fiasco.  Ama came to help out and was supposed to also bring her trusty professional camera, only to find that she had forgotten it at home.  Feeling horrible, she decided that as an early Christmas present she was going to buy us a camera for our little family.  Yay!  But as we were on our way to the store we passed by our little pumpkin patch to see that it had been torn down already and there were no pumpkins left for us to pose by.  Could it get any worse than this?  In the end we took pictures in front of our home with our new camera.  My little stinkers wouldn't sit still so most of the pictures are of them walking around.  Oh, and daddy gave Emily some cereal and she wouldn't let go of the box so most of her pictures have her carrying around the box of cereal.

The Thursday before Halloween, Nonna had a fall festival at her school.  Alyssa and I took the girls and they had a wonderful time.  Emily got to play toss-the-ball and won some candy and prizes for her and her sister.  Avery also got to play at the lily pad pond and tossed the ball into the water, which she loved.  Alyssa took Emily down the inflatable slide and we had hot dogs and treats for dinner.  Although Emily was a little apprehensive about all the kids in costume she still had fun. We will definitely be going back next year.




























0 comments:

Post a Comment