CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Little Too Much Sun

Yesterday was a gorgeous day with the sun shining and a light cool breeze.  Brian recently built an above ground garden and we went out to check our new vegetable patch and enjoy the weather.  Emily was wearing this cute outfit that my Aunt Dalia gave her, which consisted of a short sleeve shirt, onsie shorts, crocs, and a pink baseball cap that reads Princess.  So cute!  I'll have to put it on her again and take a picture, my camera recently died and I have to get a new one.

With all the rain we have been having lately, I was excited for the chance to be outside and wasn't thinking about sun protection too much.  I did put a hat on Emily but didn't even think to put sunscreen on her since we weren't going to be out long.  We sat on our backyard swing, which she loves, a little too long, although I didn't think it was that long. Brian said we were sitting there for about 15 minutes.  The sun was shining down on us but there were clouds in the sky.  After that, we took a walk down the street in her stroller and she fell asleep but I covered her in a blanket, so I'm sure she was fine.

Later that evening as we were getting ready for bed, I went to put Emily in pajamas and as soon as I took her outfit off, I noticed the sunburn she received that day on her arms.  She had a little shirt line.  I felt so horrible.  It's a first time mommy mistake and I am definitely putting sunblock on her every time we go outside now.  I forget she is so pale and her baby skin in so sensitive.  Needless to say, I rubbed aloe all over her but she didn't seem to show any signs of discomfort which was good.  Mommy knows for next time and will not be making that mistake again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment