CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Toys and Smiles

With Christmas just around the corner I have been scratching my head at what to get for Emily on what is to be her First Christmas.  She is only two months old and coming up on three by the end of December, so what do you get an infant so young?  I have been playing around with a couple of ideas but none of them are really big items.  It's not as though she'll know what the occassion is or the idea of a present, but I feel as though I have to make this special, I guess it's more for me than her.  Emily is developing so fast and getting bigger everyday.  Her baby sounds are becoming more distinct and she recognizes mine and Brian's voices.  It makes my heart melt when she smiles at me with her wide grin. 

Every morning she wakes up a little fussy, but it never fails, as soon as you place her on her changing table she opens her eyes, sees her butterflies and then immediately starts to smile and coo.  Hanging those butterflies above the changing table was one of my best ideas and having the decals on the wall was genius (Brian's idea).  She loves to look at them and talks to them.  Maybe it's time for some Baby Eistein DVD's.

I took a picture of my baby and I yesterday.  You can see how much she doesn't look like me, she is mostly daddy.  I'm hoping as she gets older, some of my features show up.



Talking to her butterflies
 
 

Look how big she's getting
 


Me and my baby


3 comments:

andievic said...

Aww baby is sooo cute!!! I can't wait to see her.

Alyssa Yoder said...

Very beautiful of both of you :) I love y'al sooo much!!

Alyssa said...

Be patient - babies are supposed to look very similar to their dads after birth so in the wild the dad knows to protect them. I can't remember where I heard that. ;)What did you end up getting her for Christmas?

Post a Comment