CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 7, 2012

Emily's 1st Thanksgiving Program


Emily had her first Thanksgiving program at school and I was super excited about it and called the grandparents to come join the fun in watching her in this monumental moment.  When I made this call I did not know what the future would hold nor did I know what the program would contain.  We all met up at Emily's school at 6pm and every parent and grandparent of each child in her class was standing in this small room heating up the air.  The teachers handed each student's handmade shirt, which was their outfit for their show, out to the parents to place on their children along with the obligatory Indian head piece.  As all this was happening Emily grew increasingly nervous and was asking to be carried which I should have known was a sign of what was to come.  As everyone became ready the teacher called the kids to the front of the classroom.  Emily went up by herself and then proceeded to start crying because of all the eyes on her.  So I went up to stand next to her thinking this would calm her down but instead she made me carry her and then never got down even as I bribed her with treasures and gifts.  So as some of the kids sang along to their Thanksgiving songs, of which they only sang three, I stood there with Emily as she gave the death stare to her father as he video taped this disaster.  As a side note, every child's shirt had their "Indian" name written on the back, Emily's teacher Danielle thought "Clumsy Squirrel" was befitting of Emily.





0 comments:

Post a Comment