CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Avery at 16 Months Old

Toot, toot, little toot!  Avery is such a handful...one minute she is a perfect quiet little angel and the next she is getting into mischeif.  Curious George comes to mind when I think of some of the things that Avery has done.  For one she has developed a sly expression as if she has something up her sleeve.  Avery is at the age where she wants to climb on the couch and jump from one end to the other.  After Emily's incident back in May we always watch Avery and her big sister when they are on the couches.  No one is going back to the emergency room under my watch.

Avery has never been one to watch television or get into Nick Jr. shows.  Her attention span is short and she needs to be entertained or she is off looking for something to peak her interest.  She loves to wander all over the house and doesn't mind going into dark rooms.  There is a trail of items that Avery leaves strewn around the house.  You will find everything from shoes, bags, toys, books, boxes, crayons, dog food and especially snacks.  There is no object off limits in Avery's mind. A great example of this is mommy's phone.  Now I can't blame her for always wanting to look at my phone or grab it because I have fun games downloaded to entertain them at the doctor's office or church, yes even church (on silent).  Avery had yet to throw something into the toilet so it never crossed my mind to pay attention to whether or not the toilet lid was down.  Emily also never played with the toilet or threw anything in it so you can see why it was not at the top of my safety list.  So the other day as I was folding laundry it occurred to me that there was silence around me and that is never a good thing unless I'm alone or the girls are sleeping.  After calling out to Avery she came walking over to me in her slow I'm not up to anything walk with my phone in her hand.  No big deal right?  Wrong!!  Her arm was wet and my phone was dripping with water.  Now I should probably mention about now that this is no ordinary cell phone people, this was my $500 iphone 4!!!!  Needless to say, my expensive cell phone was worth poop after that and I had to go out and buy another one not to mention toilet lid locks.

As for school eveything is well and Avery is still focusing on learning numbers, colors and animals.  She picks up lots of information from listening to Emily and following her every move.  Avery's phonics are getting better and better and she pronounces words clearer than what her big sister did at this age.  The only concern I have is that she gets bored really quick and will go from one topic to the next within a matter of minutes.  I'm sure this is typical of someone her age but I am definitely going to try and engage her in more speaking and reading.  One thing she doesn't ever get tired of doing is chasing the dogs around the house.  She finds so much joy in running after them and then catching them.  Avery will run around for a good 15 minutes yelling "Puppy",after Gus especially, I think he is her favorite and it is probably because he isn't as fast as Rico.




Trying out the potty
Avery stuck on her chair after climbing onto it
Uh-oh, look who is getting into the gifts before Christmas


0 comments:

Post a Comment