CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

This past week has been so hard because all the girls in the house are sick and very congested.  Mommy probably has a chest infection and Avery and Emily have variations of the cold. 

Avery went to the doctor first and weighed in at 10 lbs. 8 oz., she's getting bigger.  The doctor said she has a cold and there really isn't anything to do for it but give her Pedialyte to stay hydrated.  The congestion is really horrible sounding and she has developed a cough, but she doesn't have ear infections and her lungs sounded clear.  I guess it's all in her sinus cavities.  Poor baby, I feel so bad when I have to suck the mucus out of her nose with that blue bulb, she cries ever time and I can never get as much mucus out as I would like.  It drives me nuts.

Emily went to the doctor today and weighed in at 23lbs. 2 oz.  Wow, no wonder she feels so heavy, I better be getting some buff arms from carrying her so much.  The doctor said Emily also has a cold but it is a virus that is going around which has also caused her voice box to become inflammed.  Emily has a hoarse voice and can't yell because of it.  She also has the runniest nose and hates to have her mucus sucked out as well.  She will let you use the bulb a couple of times but once she's done, she is done, don't go trying to get back in there.  Emily got a perscription for her congested so we at least got something out of that appointment.  I was so proud of her.  The last time we were at the doctor's office was at her 12 month appointment and she was so uncooperative.  I had to be weighed with her to get some sort of measurement.  Today she actually sat on the scale and right as we were done is when she teared up a bit.  When the doctor came in she was fine, it wasn't until she started checking her ears and throat that she started to freak out and I had to hold her down.  After that she was great and even threw the doctor some kisses.  When the doctor was checking her throat I noticed another tooth came in towards the inside of her mouth.  I'll check on it later to write it down in her baby book.

I am hoping my girls and I get better soon.  I will be taking them to see Santa at the mall and I would hate for boogers to be dripping down their noses while taking pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment