CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2009

One Month Old



Week 4


"How time flies" is an expression that I didn't pay much attention to until I had a child.  I can't believe it has been 4 weeks since I gave birth to Emily.  In two more days our baby will be turning one month old.  I want to cry just thinking about it.  Before you know it she'll be learning how to ride her first bike, and then I'll turn around and she'll be asking for a new car for her 18th birthday.  Oh how I dread that day, especially if she is anything like her father, actually she probably will be and we'll have to lock her in her room every night.

These past four weeks have been exhausting and rewarding all at the same time.  I love watching her change everyday and the look on everyone's faces when they see her for the first time.  The first week with Emily was a true learning experience for Brian and I.  We learned how to listen to her cues and were attentive to every whimper.  We are truly blessed to have such a caring family, I think we had family over every night cooking dinner for us and watching her while we took naps or showers.  I had no idea a shower could be such a treat.

Emily has changed so much in such a short period of time.  She is more alert now and is learning more and more each day.  Her personality is starting to show itself, and being impatient is a trait she gets from Brian.  I hope she grows out of that one.  Actually she resembles Brian more now that I think about it, not only in character but in physical appearance and physical traits.  I have never heard of a baby having so much gas as mine does.  It doesn't seem to bother her and she doesn't have colic, but poor baby, that'll keep the boys away. 

Miss Emily is discovering her voice as she coos and ahhs now.  She has the cutest looking smile and I can't wait until she smiles knowingly.  That is definitely something to look foward to in the coming months. 


Week 1




Week 2




Week 3


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been 1 month already!! Be sure to take lots of pictures and cherrish every moment because that first year will fly by. And work on that baby book! :) Emily is a gorgeous baby. Y'all did great.

Post a Comment